There are 2 products used for new membership registration.
*These products must never be deleted or replaced. Their unique product ID connects them to a custom page template after the user completes their payment. This custom template introduces and links to the registration form.
**Both product ‘publish’ dates and ‘sale’ dates need to be rescheduled every year.
When a new user would like to become a member this is the process they must follow:
- Go to: Become A Member
- Purchase a membership fee (1 of the 2 products listed above)
- Create an account or login during checkout > complete their payment. They now have a user login for the website with a role of ‘customer’.
- Checkout page: custom template will introduce them to the membership registration form with instructions and a link.
- Complete the registration form (member profile & survey): New Member Registration Form. They must be logged in to see & submit this form.
- Membership form completed landing page. They have now been added to the group ‘members’ by completing a successful profile. The group ‘members’ gives them access to members only online content and benefits.
*If a user chose not to publish in the directory they will not be automatically added to the group ‘members’.
There are 2 products used for renewing membership registration. *Both product ‘publish’ dates and ‘sale’ dates need to be rescheduled every year.
When an existing user would like to renew their member this is the process they must follow:
- Login to members only area
- Go to: Renew Membership
- Purchase a renew membership fee (1 of the 2 products listed above)
- Checkout page: regular > user can go anywhere on the site
*Members will be encouraged to keep their profile information up to date with a message at the bottom of the directory.
Update Profile & Membership Survey
Please update your membership information once a year. To do this, type your name in the search bar above: Click to view profile > Click 'edit' and update your information. If you chose not to join our directory then visit this page to submit your membership information to administration. *Updating your information will not renew your membership: Renew your membership here.
List of administrative role when accepting a new or renewing member:
Mark Order as Complete
A notification will be sent via email or you can review orders from the WooCommerce admin (see WooCommerce tutorial). Order needs to be marked as complete for invoice to be sent to customer. Emails can be sent from the order details page directly to the customer if there are any issues.
Review Registration Form Entry
A notification will be sent via email when a membership profile & survey form entry is submitted.
- If member approves to join directory ensure ‘View’ has a green checkmark.
- If member chose not to join the directory add them to the group ‘members’ manually.
- Update better impact member information.
Enable Member Benefits/Access
Access to members only areas of the website is controlled by Groups: members. You must add a user to the group: member for them to gain these privileges.
There are multiple ways to add a user to the group: members. This is a basic method to add one or multiple users to the group: members.
- Go to: Users
- Select the users you would like to add (checkbox beside their name)
- At the top of the page type in the box that says ‘choose group’, select ‘add to group’ from the dropdown and then click Apply.
Delete A Member
If a member chooses not to renew or would like to be removed from the site, you need to delete their information in 2 locations:
- Membership & Profile Form Entry that is used in the member directory.
- Their user account (login).