How to use a FTP (with Filezilla)
*This will replace files directly on the live website. There is no undo button - these are permanent changes to the website. Do not load any new files - only replace image files that exist.
**Images must have the exact same dimensions and file name or else you risk causing damage to the website.
- Download and install an FTP client. We recommend Filezilla (download here).
- Enter the host (aka: server address), username, password and port in the ‘Quick Connect’ area. If you are trying to connect to an sftp then you need to add 'sftp://' at the start of the host name.
- Once connected, you will see files appear in the ‘Remote site’ box. These are the current image files on your website. You can right click to download a file to your computer (It will be saved in the destination you have set in the ‘local site’ box.
- On your computer, edit your images as needed or create new ones. Images must match the exact file name and dimensions of the original.
- Drag-n-drop your new image files into the ‘Remote site’ box area.
- A dialogue (pop-up) box will appear. Choose to ‘Overwrite’ and click ok.
- Your image file has now been replaced.